2018/07/09 Meraki Networking Solutions 2212 visit(s)
At Ctelecoms, we love Meraki products as they’re easy to set up, easy to troubleshoot, easy to monitor, and easy to maintain. Compared to other options, Meraki Cloud-managed IT services are praised for giving IT teams flexibility and peace of mind, which gives them more time to do other tasks.
Cisco Meraki changed the way we think about network management today. Its out-of-band cloud architecture creates secure, scalable and easy-to-deploy networks that can be managed from anywhere. This can be done from almost any device using web-based Meraki Dashboard and Meraki Mobile App. If the internet is down, don’t worry, everything keeps working until it’s back online. It’s the same tool across all the products.
It is safe to say that Meraki is most scalable enterprise solution with variety of products interacting with each other. The more Meraki products you use on your network, the more outcomes you get. Meraki products include:
• Meraki Dashboard: an enterprise-grade cloud management solution.
• Cloud managed indoor and outdoor access points (MR product line) with built-in wireless security and Bluetooth Low Energy beaconing.
• Meraki Cloud Managed Wireless delivers a secure, reliable, and fully integrated BYOD network without added cost or complexity.
• Meraki Cloud Managed Switches for unparalleled performance, true zero-touch cloud provisioning, network visibility, remote management to deployments of any size, and more.
• Meraki Cloud managed security appliances (MX product line) providing routing, switching, security, remote access and even wireless capabilities.
• Stackable L2 and L3 switches with innovative features enabled by the power of the cloud managed architecture.
• Cloud based Enterprise Mobility Management called Systems Manager which seamlessly integrates with all above products. It unifies management and control of thousands of mobile and desktop devices in the secure, browser-based Meraki Dashboard.
The beauty of Cisco Meraki isn’t in a single best in class product. It is a best in class solution. This is often referred to as “Full Stack”. Meraki cloud based management provides so many robust features that support the security as well as continuity of your network. These features include:
• Consistent and replicable configuration – You're opening a new office in Riyadh? Thanks to Cisco Meraki, you can simply copy your Jeddah Office configuration and apply it to the new site by several clicks. You can also clone device configuration to keep consistency within your network.
• Layer 7 traffic visibility – Meraki devices can filter or report traffic on your network based on application level (Layer 7), which helps you to easily create rules based on domain names and block it or limit speed.
• Virtual Stacking – All Meraki switches support Virtual Stacking which lets you manage all switchports as if there were all on a single switch. This rapidly reduces configuration effort.
• Intelligent WAN traffic optimisation – Select internet uplink based on the current performance of the line. Granularly specify the preferred path and QoS for different traffic classes.
• Manage your mobile devices and desktops – Systems Manager lets you control applications installed on your company phones and tablets as well as push configuration changes to them, push certificates, wipe stolen devices and much more.
• Automatic Network Topology Map – Meraki Dashboard automatically builds a dynamic topology map of your networks. No more outdated Visios.
• Secure Site-to-Site VPN without previous IPsec knowledge – Configure your sites and preferred connectivity between them. AutoVPN will automatically build secure IPsec tunnels between them without any IPsec knowledge required.
• Automatic firmware upgrades – Schedule your maintenance window for Saturday 3:00 AM and next time there is new software or improvement available for your switch, security appliance or AP it will be installed automatically.
The best way to get familiar with Cisco Meraki is to use it. Perhaps you have a small branch office in mind which is due to refresh or is going to open soon. Perhaps you're looking to upgrade your current network components for more streamlined management.
Whatever your case is, Ctelecoms helps businesses in Saudi Arabia take full advantage of Cisco Meraki solutions. We are a strategic CISCO partner in Saudi Arabia and is among the top 10 international CISCO partners in the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Russia. If you feel ready to get your free trial, get in touch with us now.