With HyperFlex going from inception to a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyperconverged Infrastructures (HCI), there is no doubt that it has become a true next-generation solution with features and benefits that customers require in today’s frenetic IT world. Pairing Cisco and Veeam solutions certainly gives customers added confidence since Veeam is also a leader for backup solutions in the Gartner Magic Quadrant.
The announcement of both Cisco Hyperflex 4.0 and Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 update 4 came as terrific news offering a lot to digest on all the tremendous advantages they provide for our customers, including:
- Together, Veeam and Cisco HyperFlex have greatly simplified the deployment, management and Availability of multi-site distributed environments besides the flexibility and lower costs they have provided.
- HyperFlex can now utilize Cisco Intersight, their cloud-based management platform, to streamline, orchestrate and automate the management and deployment of HyperFlex HCI.
- HyperFlex and Intersight extend the simplicity and efficiency of HCI from core data centers to the edge with consistent policy enforcement and cloud-powered systems management.
- By integrating Veeam with HyperFlex native snapshots to backup and replicate data on HyperFlex systems, our customers can now replicate from one HyperFlex cluster to another, backup to a main data center and move backup copy jobs to other sites or the cloud delivering the application and data Availability they require.
- To build on the on the automation and orchestration, Veeam has added orchestration for virtual environments with the addition of intelligent automation in Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 update 4
- Veeam also added proactive monitoring and alerting backed by intelligent automation to alert customers and resolve potential problems before they have operational impact.
- HyperFlex 4.0 also delivers many new performance and security enhancements specifically for mission-critical business applications like SAP. SAP is critical to customers’ business and it requires an infrastructure that is fast, offers consistent performance and is highly available and protected.
- Cisco HyperFlex is SAP HANA certified and provides the performance needed for SAP application workloads and databases with simple management, reduced TCO, and cloud-like flexibility.
- With the latest Veeam release, Veeam is now SAP HANA certified. This is big news for our joint SAP HANA customers. They can utilize Veeam to protect their SAP HANA deployments using native SAP database backup methods, something all SAP administrators prefer, and they will get enhanced backup capabilities like Instant VM Recovery and optimized backups with Veeam’s native HyperFlex snapshot integration. SAP users will be able to leverage Veeam DataLabs to easily deploy SAP test environments and clone SAP databases from Veeam repositories.
- Putting it all together, customers can run SAP HANA databases and SAP applications on Cisco HyperFlex, modernizing their production environments with SAP HANA and HyperFlex and protecting it using Veeam’s native HyperFlex snapshots and an SAP-certified plug-in for database backup and restores.
- Customers can now run their production SAP environments on HyperFlex while keeping it highly available with a modern data protection solution, Veeam running on another Cisco HyperFlex System.
Besides all that, HyperFlex 4.0 is introducing smaller 2-node edge clusters for ROBO environments, combined with cloud-based management, making it easier to deploy and manage these systems. Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 Update 4 adds Cloud Data Management, Veeam Cloud Mobility and Veeam Cloud Tier, all designed to make it easier for customers to move workloads on premises, to the cloud and back again.
The result is that customers and IT departments today, whether they are large or small, are being challenged to do more with less, while innovating the business and driving measurable impact. Cisco and Veeam continue to work together to deliver solutions that offer simplicity, flexibility and lower TCO that provide the business outcomes our customers require.
For more information on joint Cisco and Veeam solutions and how they can help your business, contact Ctelecoms team any time you wish.